Steamlander Office In Inworldz Grid Closing

Steamlander Office In Inworldz Grid Closing

Postby Excalibur Steamlander » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:13 pm

I was sad to receive this telegram from Mayor LittleBlackDuck Lindsay of the Victoriana estate on the Inworldz.com grid a few weeks back:

Excalibur Steamlander, you have received an offline message from LittleBlackDuck Lindsay!

May 15, 2014, 11:22 pm

'ello Mr Steamlander. I just wanted to let you know after 4 long years on this grid I've decided to close Victoriana, our last day will be June 30th. I'm giving everyone 6-weeks notice so you have time to collect your things/find a new home/do whatever you wish. If you would like to discuss please contact me. I'll be returning anything not collected on June 30th. I wish you all the best with the future. Ducky (I'm contacting you as you currently have a STEAMLANDER HQ in VICTORIANA HARBOUR).

Sadly this means I am shutting down the Inworldz office for Steamlander Publications, and for now focussing on my 2D presence here and on Steamlands Wiki.

If my time consuming efforts to subdivide my parcel in the RL grid are successful I hope to find myself with full time to devote to my goal of turning the Internet into a 3D world. I cannot help but think how many wonderful places we would have to explore if any ordinary web hosting service could function as a simulator or region! :woot:
Your servant,

Excalibur Steamlander/Publisher
(Excalibur Longstaff in SL) http://facebook.ExcaliburSteamlander.com
User Portrait
Excalibur Steamlander
The Publisher

Citizen of: Steampunk Island (League of Avatars™)
Home Map:

Location In-world: Steamlander Castle on Steampunk Island, and Caledon SouthEnd in SL

Twitter: steamlander

Re: Steamlander Office In Inworldz Grid Closing

Postby Samm Florian » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Very sad! Are there other "Steamlands" sims in Inworldz?
User Portrait
Samm Florian
Freebie Member

Citizen of: Independent State of Caledon (SecondLife.com)

Twitter: sammflorian
Plurk: sammflorian

Re: Steamlander Office In Inworldz Grid Closing

Postby Excalibur Steamlander » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Samm Florian wrote:Very sad! Are there other "Steamlands" sims in Inworldz?

I'm sure there are some. But Victoriana's 12+ sim estate (originally launched in SL by a friend of Des Shang) was the one I knew.

Unfortunately all Open Sim grids are hamstrung by their being derived from the same buggy code base as SL (lots of great ideas and neat stuff, but the source code contains comments from programmers that are *literally* cries for help due to issues that have always plagued SL's development).
Your servant,

Excalibur Steamlander/Publisher
(Excalibur Longstaff in SL) http://facebook.ExcaliburSteamlander.com
User Portrait
Excalibur Steamlander
The Publisher

Citizen of: Steampunk Island (League of Avatars™)
Home Map:

Location In-world: Steamlander Castle on Steampunk Island, and Caledon SouthEnd in SL

Twitter: steamlander

Return to Victoriana Harbour

Who is currently on Steamlander™